Quick Facts About 1 oz Silver Rounds
Silver rounds come in a wide selection of designs from a wide range of private mints. Each private mint has their own creative direction when it comes to producing .999 fine silver rounds. Some offer historical, cultural, or popular themes which are increasingly popular amongst collectors. While other private mints stick to minting generic 1 oz silver round designs that carry the lowest premiums over spot price. This allows both collectors and investors to each pursue specific sets or series that resonate with their interests.
Silver is more affordable, which makes starting a collection of 1 oz rounds more accessible than gold. Silver holds intrinsic value and can also serve as a hedge against inflation.
Investment Benefits of 1 oz Silver Rounds
Hands down, one ounce silver rounds are the best selling physical silver investment. They are popular because of the size, the weight, the intrinsic value and lower premiums over spot price.
Silver rounds are manufactured by private mints as a cheaper alternative to coins. The one significant difference between a round and a coin is the lack of legal tender status for rounds. The amount of precious metal in each silver round is identical to that of a coin of the same weight.
The most common is the buffalo silver round which is inspired by the design of the Indian Head nickel. These generic silver rounds are made by dozens of private mints, most with only subtle differences in design. They are minted from 99.9% pure silver or higher and are typically 39mm in diameter and around 3mm thick, slightly larger than an old silver dollar coin.
The affordable nature, intrinsic value and compact size of generic silver rounds makes them easy to buy at intervals to add to your stack on a regular basis.
Some of the lowest premium private mint silver rounds designs are inspired by early American coins.
Prices and premiums vary and some designs are highly collectable with limited mintages and uniqueness of the theme.
Collectible 1 oz Silver Rounds
A variety of private mints issue bullion rounds for collectors, some with high relief and ultra high relief designs, with a wide variety of unique themes.
- Political Themed 1 oz Silver Rounds: Due to the many concerns about the state of the economy, many 1 oz silver rounds are minted today with political themes, providing a form of social commentary and humor as a way to keep investor's interest. Politics has played a role in the history of silver as money going back to the dawn of the country.There's much afoot when it comes to cryptocurrency, CBDCs and other financial conspiracy theories and various private mints, such as Intaglio Mint, Scottsdale Mint, Patriot Coins issue rounds with designs intended to invoke thought and debate.
- Vintage 1 oz Silver Rounds: Vintage silver rounds are minted with .999 fine silver and feature unique designs that reflect the era in which they were minted. Some mints, like Engelhard and Johnson Matthey, are particularly well-known for their vintage silver rounds, which are now sought after by collectors. The most common weight for these rounds is one troy ounce, but they may be available in other sizes.
- Crypto Related 1 oz Silver Rounds: These cryptocurrency themed rounds are issued by both private and sovereign mints. They make an excellent gift for any cryptocurrency enthusiast or investor and are a great way to spread the message about the importance of having a balance of crypto and precious metals.
- Generic 1 oz Silver Rounds: These rounds are often produced by private mints and replicate the designs of well-known coins like the "Buffalo Nickel", Morgan Dollar, Mercury Dime and others. Some depict a wide range historical figures, animals, landmarks or simply feature the logo of the mint that produced them.
Highlights of Buying Silver Rounds
- One ounce silver bullion rounds are most often minted in .999 or .9999 fine silver. The intrinsic value of a 1 oz silver round is exactly the same as an equal weight silver coin, typically with a lower premium over spot price.
- They are easy to buy in small quantities when first getting familiar with precious metals. Plastic rolls or tubes that hold quantities of 20 are popular ways to store silver rounds at home or any other location.
- There is a wide selection of creative and unique designs from private mints that are highly sought-after by collectors.
- They are an excellent incremental store of value that can be bought in any quantity. The intrinsic value established by silver spot price.
- When you buy 1 oz silver rounds you are making a solid physical investment in precious metals. If you don't hold it, you don't own. Silver is real money and has been recognized as money and as a store of value for hundreds of years.
Silver Round Prices
FindBullionPrices.com tracks prices of silver rounds from online bullion dealers. This makes it simple and easy to compare prices from a variety of different websites to find the best prices on silver rounds.
Silver is a trusted hedge against the volatility in other investments. Having diversity with your precious metals investments is practical strategy to help survive the next recession.
One ounce silver rounds are a favorite of silver stackers and are pragmatic choice for barter because of the intrinsic value.