Gold: $2383.50  Silver: $28.52  Platinum: $947.00  90% Junk $1 FV: $20.39  Gold/Silver Ratio: 83.57

$1 Face Value US Mint 40% Pure Silver Coins

Compare the best online dealer prices when shopping for $1 Face Value US Mint 40% Pure Silver Coins coins.

We earn money through advertising and by participating in various affiliate marketing programs. That means we may get paid a small commissions on products purchased through our links to retailer sites.


Bullion Dealer Price Each Dealer Premium Link
Provident Metals
Dealer Rating:
$9.89 $1.45
(17.23% prem)
APMEX
Dealer Rating:
$9.95 $1.51
(17.94% prem)
Silver Gold Bull
Dealer Rating:
$10.14 $1.70
(20.20% prem)

Melt Value: $1 Face Value US Mint 40% Pure Silver Coins

This silver coin contains 0.296 troy ounces of bullion. Based on the metal content and weight, the intrinsic melt value of one $1 Face Value US Mint 40% Pure Silver Coins is $8.44 based on today's silver spot price.

Prices Last Updated: Apr 18, 2024 06:55 am

  • - Free Shipping Offer
  • - Free Shipping Not Available

$1 Face Value US Mint 40% Pure Silver Coins

Kennedy Half Dollar coins were minted with a 40% silver alloy from 1965 until 1970. These were the final silver coins to be minted for circulation by the US Mint. 

Each $1 face value contains 2 coins, which could be from any of the mintage years. As junk silver, 40% Kennedy halves are often the lowest premium when buying. However, most dealers buy these coins back at below spot price.

The way that the planchets for these coins were created ways innovative at the time. Each coin contains two layers. The inner core is composed of 79.1% copper, with the remaining 20.9% silver. The outer layer is an alloy of 80% silver and 20% copper bonded to the core. 



$1 Face Value US Mint 40% Pure Silver Coins Specifications

Weight 0.2958 oz
Country United States
Type Silver Coin
Mint US Mint
Year 1965-1970
Purity .400 fineness


FindBullionPrices.com tracks prices from some of the most trusted and reputable online bullion dealers to help find the lowest prices on $1 Face Value US Mint 40% Pure Silver Coins.

The silver prices on our site for coins and bullion are updated hourly and adjusted with silver spot price. We give you the tools to compare prices of silver coins from well-reviewed bullion dealers.

Comparing prices for $1 Face Value US Mint 40% Pure Silver Coins across multiple bullion dealers help to ensure that you pay the lowest price.

Our Closest to Spot tool can help you find the lowest premium when you are ready to buy silver coins.

Shop more silver coins from United States.